After installing cPanel you are welcomed with the "Feature Showcase" with recommended options, but what do we recommend as the options we believe are best for you? We recommend the following:
- cPanelID: Disable (Because this allows social networking accounts to be hacked and bypass security).
- cPHulk: Username-Based Protection for local requests: Enable
- PHP-FPM Service for cPanel: Disable
- Make document roots in the public_html directory? Disable
- ModSecurity: Enable
- Passive OS Fingerprinting: Disable
- Query Apache for “nobody” senders: Disable (Old) -:- Prevent “nobody” from sending mail: Enable (New)
- cPanel Reset Password: Enable
- cPanel Subaccount Reset Password: Enable
- SMTP Restrictions: Enable
Please note this is what we use when we install cPanel, and are what we recommend please use what you feel is best for you.